The date came and went, and I didn't notice it last week but it's been a year and six days since I left a previous employer in haste, feeling like a failure, and added some more. Here are some:
- I lost a job
- I blew a consulting project
- A job opportunity fell through
- I missed a lot of deadlines
- I faced a lot of financial challenges
But those don't bother me, because in the same span of time, I got a few wins:
- I got a consulting project with a good old employer
- I found a new job working with colleagues and mentors I enjoy working with
- I got to see London
- I finished two iPhone development projects, one an internal prototype and the other app pushed to the Apple App Store
- I started teaching part-time at a prestigious university
While last year I was sulking about everything happening to me a mere six days before my birthday, this year I celebrate being thankful for all those trials which have made me a much stronger, better person. For all the drama that began this journey, I'm really thankful for all the friends, family, and my very loving wife, for having supported and inspired me through all of this.
Finally I praise God, to whom I offer everything that I am and do.